Friday, June 22, 2007
Pics from the plane
On the plane. Shortly after my big crying breakdown. The lady across from us was thinking I was unhappy with my noodle bowl.
You asked questions!
Gotcha Day is Sunday Afternoon. We leave Hong Kong Sunday morning for Nanchang. Get off plane and.... not sure what happens but we WILL get our babies Sunday!
Life behind the Great Firewall is a breeze here in HK. On the Mainland, I have some tricks to use to get around them. Let's hope it works.
Katie- yes that flight is HARD CORE! The Hogans kept asking, while in a daze, "How are we going to do this with a baby?"
I would love the jet set lifestyle. If I had a private jet. Waking up in Hong Kong is blowing my mind. I could get really used to this.
To those who are traveling soon, let me give you a list of items for your carry on.
Make sure these items are in a purse or a back pack under your seat, not in the suitcase in the overhead bins. Much easier for access.
1. Eye wetting drops - so so so dry in there
2. Saline nose spray
4. Lip balm
5, Food- food of all kinds.
6. Anything to help freshen up and make yourself smell better. You will smell when you get off that plane.
7. Lots of things to do. Those movies were a joke.
8. Eye mask and ear plugs Target sells a kit that has a blanket, eye mask, ear plugs, and blow up pillow. Get one. It's great.
9. Head phones. THey ran out of them but we had our own.
10. Hand wipes. You won't want to touch anything when you sit down after using the toilet until you wipe your hands.
If you ever get worried, tune into the Flight Deck audio channel. When the turbulence got out of hand, I'd tune in to be sure all was normal. It's easy to tell when there's a serious problem- like when we were in SIberia. (note below.) Otherwise, it's fun to hear the captain check in with the towers in the various countries. You will hear the languages and the accents. It's entertaining.
More advice and tips as I get them. Breakfast time.